Today I share my habits I have learned when it comes to purchasing and wearing clothes. I’m not saying I always get it right, but I get it right more often than not these days.
1. I only wear what fits! Anything that doesn’t gets thrown/given away. If it doesn’t fit people will know and you’ll be and feel uncomfortable and continuously adjust yourself.
2. I think about cost per wear. Basically the more I wear it the cheaper the cost per wear. This rule basically gives me the right to splurge on something I really love and know I’m going to wear. It justifies the cost, ladies!
3. I only wear it if I feel good in it! If I don’t feel good in it then my posture will be wrong and my disappointment will be written all over my face. The cost per wear will also go up because I won’t wear the outfit often enough.
4. I don’t buy orphans. This rule basically means I don’t buy something that doesn’t go with anything else in my wardrobe because if I do and it doesn’t match anything then most likely I have to buy something else to go with it.
5. I don’t buy into trends – I mostly buy and wear classic pieces. They last longer and I can wear any time of the year, day, night. they wont go out of fashion and I can wear them again and again thus keeping my cost per wear down.
6. I know the colours I look good in – black, white and navy blue. These colours are my go-to and most of the clothes in my wardrobe are these colours.
7. I’m becoming a minimalist, this way I know what I own and can easily and quickly throw something on I know is going to look good especially when I’ve followed what I’ve learned above.