I’m not vegan so I’ve gone as far as adding an extra can of diced tomatoes and cracking a couple of eggs into wells and letting them cook sunny side up for a little Middle-Eastern breakfast twist. If I have some left over red capsicum I also add that in there, too. Yum!
Oh, and I use a can of 4-bean mix instead of the borlotti beans.
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes of choice
- ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes (or more tomatoes)
- 400g/14oz can Borlotti beans (or your favourite beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- cracked black pepper
Add oil and onion, cook until onion translucent. Add all tomatoes and cook until heated through. Add beans and spices, cook until heated through. Serve.